Teachers have the option to activate a "do not contact parents" setting for any of their students. This setting is located in the Student Profile page of the roster.
When activated, this setting has the following effects:
Parent will NOT receive emails
- Parent will NOT receive email notifications from Artsonia about their student.
- Parent will NOT receive Art Room Newsletter emails created by teachers.
- Parent emails that may already be associated with that student are removed.
- New parent emails cannot be entered into the system for that student, including directly entered into the website or through uploading roster spreadsheets.
Parent will NOT receive printed notices
- Teachers will NOT be able to print Activity Slips, Award Slips or other printed notifications for this student.
Parent will NOT be able to login
- Parent accounts that already exist will be deactivated.
Student artwork may be hidden
- Artsonia requires an active parent account in order for artwork to be publicly viewable, and this setting has the effect of deactivating existing parent accounts. Artwork will be placed into a private gallery accessible only to teachers.
Please note that the following features are unaffected by this setting:
- Teachers can still publish new artwork to this student's private gallery, visible only to the teacher in the classroom.
- Students can still login to the Class Portal and publish new artwork, titles and statements to their private gallery (assuming the teacher has indicated the student has received appropriate permissions from the parent).