If a parent would like to remove their child's artwork or other content uploaded by their child's teacher (such as feedback on their child's artwork), they must first contact the school directly. This is required because the student artwork submitted by the teacher (or child under the direction of the teacher) and other related content may be considered and "education record" and will be retained by us at the direction of the school (e.g., for school legal compliance reasons such as maintenance of “education records” under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or "student data" under various state student privacy laws). The school's current art teacher will be able to login directly and remove the artwork. Additionally, if the teacher does not have an active account, or if the request is to remove all information associated with that particular student, one of the school administrators can contact Artsonia directly and request deletion of the child's artwork. Artsonia will promptly delete this information upon receiving a valid request from a school official.
Articles in this section
- For Parents: What consent does Artsonia require from parents?
- What are the Content Submission Guidelines for parents?
- How do parents give permission to display their child's artwork publicly?
- How do parents contact their child's art teacher?
- How do parents approve artwork comments left by visitors?
- How do parents remove or edit a comment?
- How do parents permanently disable comments for an artist?
- How do parents add / edit fan club members for his/her child?
- How do parents remove a fan club member for his/her child?
- How do parents view feedback from a teacher?